Soil Recovery Augers (SRAs) are used to auger to depth and collect a disturbed sample into a liner. They lift soil into a liner while creating a borehole that is wider than the cylinder for easy removal. They have protective sealings to help reduce the loss of volatile compounds and a smooth finish for easy decontamination.
They include a stainless steel cylinder, hollow top cap with an attached bail, solid-vented top cap, plastic liner, two (2) end caps, and a universal slip wrench. They are available with tungsten carbide hard-surfaced bits, or stainless steel bits. They use liners that are 1/4" smaller in diameter than the cylinder. AMS also offers core and split-core samplers. Disposable core samplers that allow for field extraction, extrusion, and preservation are also available.
*Note: Samples may not be suitable for some VOC analysis.
- #421.18 - (1) 3-1/4" Soil Recovery Auger Solid Cap, 5/8" Thread
- #421.19 - (1) 3-1/4" Soil Recovery Auger Hollow Cap, 5/8" Thread
- #421.17 - (1) 3-1/4" X 12" Soil Recovery Auger Cylinder Body
- #422.02 - (1) 3" X 12" Plastic Liner
- #418.09 - (2) 3" Plastic End Cap
- #421.29 - (1) Universal Slip Wrench
See Connection Types for more information.