Soil Compaction Tester
Get the best crop yield by measuring the extent and depth of subsurface compaction.
- Penetration Depth – Up to 24” in 3” increments
- Green Testing Range (0-200 psi) ~ Good growing conditions
- Yellow Testing Range (200-300 psi) ~ Fair growing conditions
- Red Testing Range (300 psi and above) ~ Poor growing conditions
- (2) Tips Included ~ 1/2”- tip for firm soil & 3/4"-tip for soft soil
Why Test Soil Compaction?
- Increase yield by increasing root and plant development
- Increase the effectiveness of fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides
- Reduce time and fuel cost by reducing power need to till a field
- Increase soil water retention