Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Complete
The Dynamic Cone Penetrometer (DCP) was developed primarily as a verification or control penetrometer to check individual foundations during construction where a subsurface investigation has been made utilizing standard split spoon penetration methods, and laboratory shear strength and consolidation tests and analyses have been performed on undisturbed samples. A secondary use is the field investigation of subsurface conditions for lightly loaded structures where local experience from previous field investigations and laboratory analysis have established narrow limits of the strength parameters and consistencies; here again it is a verification tool to be used for an economical foundation analysis.
The device is a portable DCP utilizing a 15 lb. steel ring weight falling 20 in. on an E-rod slide drive to strike an anvil to penetrate a 45 degree cone with a 1.5 in. (3.8 cm) diameter. The cone point is enlarged to minimize shaft resistance during testing. The blows required to drive the embedded cone to a depth of 1-3/4" are correlated to N values derived from the Standard Penetration Test (SPT). The penetration test is made through an augered hole from 3 to 6 in. in diameter using the auger cuttings to identify the soil. This is essential because the interpretation varies with the soil type. The cone can be replaced with a drive tube assembly to collect 3 in. X 10 in. (7.6 cm X 25.4 cm) samples from pre-augured holes.
Kit weighs 60lbs!
- #59004 - (1) Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Drive Hammer Assembly
- #59006 - (4) 2-1/2' External Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Extension Rod
- #59001 - (1) 1' Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Drive Adapter w/ Heat-Treated Drive Cone Complete
- #59003 - (1) Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Replacement Drive Cone w/ Roll Pin
- #59002 - (1) 1/4" X 1-1/4" Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Spiral Pin
- #59005 - (1) 1' Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Drill Rod Point Holder
- #59007 - (1) 5' External Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Extension Rod