Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Complete
The Dynamic Cone Penetrometer (DCP) is the most widely accepted portable method for evaluating strength and density of soil, in situ. It is effective in pre-augered boreholes to depths of 20' (6.1m). A drive mass that falls 20" (50.8cm) strikes an anvil to cause penetration of the cone after it has been seated in the bottom of a pre-augered hole. The blows required to drive the embedded cone a depth of 1-3/4" are correlated to N values derived from the Standard Penetration Test (SPT). The cone can be replaced with a drive tube assembly to collect 3" X 10" (7.6 cm X 25.4 cm) samples from pre-augured holes.
The dynamic cone penetrometer includes a DCP Drive Hammer Assembly with 15 lb. (6.8kg) drive mass, 45-degree vertex angle cone with a 1.5" (3.8cm) diameter, DCP extensions, and operating instructions. It has a heat-treated drive tip and zinc-plated steel components.
- #59004 - (1) Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Drive Hammer Assembly
- #59006 - (4) 2-1/2' External Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Extension Rod
- #59001 - (1) 1' Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Drive Adapter w/ Heat-Treated Drive Cone Complete
- (1) Operating Instructions
- #59003 - (1) Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Replacement Drive Cone w/ Roll Pin
- #59002 - (1) 1/4" X 1-1/4" Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Spiral Pin
- #59005 - (1) 1' Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Drill Rod Point Holder
- #59007 - (1) 5' External Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Extension Rod