Gas Vapor Probe Retract-A-Tips are drove into the soil and opened for sample extraction. Retract-A-Tips are used to collect soil vapor samples below the ground surface, usually at discrete depths. Desired sampling points may be reached with an AMS Slide Hammer or Electric Rotary Hammer Drill with GVP Drive Extensions, and an Extension Drive Adapter.
Retract-A-Tips are connected to the surface with Fluoropolymer Tubing. Once the desired sampling point is reached, the sampler is opened by retracting the Drive Extension string. When open, the sampling ports are exposed to the sampling area, but they are also protected from soil by a Retract-A-Tip #50 Mesh Screen. A vacuum applied to the Fluoropolymer Tube will allow recovery of gas or groundwater samples. The Retract-A-Tip includes a Barbed Insert, Outer Sleeve, Inner Nut, Bottom Nut, Vapor Inlet Shaft, and Mesh Screen. The sampler is made of 300 series stainless steel; the tip is 400 stainless steel.
- #210.05 - (1) Barbed Insert
- #210.06 - (1) Outer Sleeve
- #210.07 - (1) Inner Nut
- #210.08 - (1) Bottom Nut
- #210.09 - (1) Vapor Inlet Shaft
- #210.03 - (1) Retract-A-Tip Screen #50 Mesh
- #214.98 - (1) 3/16" ID X 1/4" OD X 50' Fluoropolymer Tubing
- #214.99 - (1) 3/16" ID X 1/4" OD X 100' Fluoropolymer Tubing
- #215.00 - (1) 3/16" ID X 1/4" OD X 250' Fluoropolymer Tubing