The Piezometer Groundwater Sampling Kit was designed in response to our clients’ need for a manually operated sampling kit, capable of providing a semi-permanent sampling point for water level measurements and shallow groundwater sampling investigations. This complete kit includes everything needed to take groundwater measurements and collect samples to a depth of 12', below ground surface. For tough soil conditions, a 1-3/4” Regular Auger, two (2) 3’ Extensions, and a Rubber Coated Cross Handle have been provided for pre-augering a borehole. The 1-1/4” (outside diameter) X 14” Stainless Steel Piezometer can be connected to any of the 3' Stainless Steel Piezometer Extensions by using the heavy-duty single-lead threaded couplers.
The male-to-male couplers are crucial for providing the same outside diameter the entire way down the drive string; allowing for an easier push and pull! Unlike other Piezometer designs with welded fittings, our Piezometer allows the end-user to remove and replace the internal #50 SST Mesh Screen & Spring for proper decontamination in between samplings, which is an extremely valuable feature exclusive to our Piezometer. Also included in this kit is the patented Stainless Steel GVP Dedicated Tip with the Stainless Steel GVP Screen #50 Mesh. Used as both a drop weight and sampling port, the Dedicated Tip is connected to the 3/16” (inside diameter) X 1/4” (outside diameter) Fluoropolymer or Poly Tubing via a barbed adapter and lowered inside the Piezometer.
Typically, a Peristaltic Pump is connected at the other end of the tubing, although Bladder Pumps, Stainless Steel Bailers, and Inertia Samplers may also be used. The inside diameter of the Piezometer is 7/8”, which provides plenty of room for a 5/8” Water Level Meter to be used prior to sampling. The Piezometer and Piezometer Extensions are driven into the subsurface using a Heavy Duty Slide Hammer and a Piezometer Threadless Drive Adapter. A Big Foot Removal Jack and Tee Jack Adapter are included for removal of the Piezometer Extensions and Piezometer. Finally, cleaning brushes and wrenches for maintenance and assembly have been provided. All the components to this kit fit securely inside two (2) foam-lined, poly-reinforced, carrying cases, with handles and wheels for added portability.
For groundwater sample collection through and below contaminated lithology, it is recommended to use the 1-1/4" Expendable Tip with the Piezometer Point Holder (included in this kit) along with a #50 SST Mesh Screen. In addition, in a stiff or dense lithology, it is recommended to use the 1-1/4" Expendable Tip with the Piezometer Point Holder along with a #50 SST Mesh Screen instead of the Stainless Steel Piezometer, to avoid any damage while hammering it to the target depth. The SST Twist-to-Lock Connector allows for post run tubing to be utilized as part of groundwater sampling activities.
Kit weighs 168lbs!
- #400.10 - (1) 1-3/4" Regular Auger, 5/8" Thread
- #408.02 - (2) 3' Extension, 5/8" Thread
- #406.04 - (1) 18" Rubber Coated Cross Handle, 5/8" Thread
- #214.98 - (1) 3/16" ID X 1/4" OD X 50' Fluoropolymer Tubing
- #430.05 - (1) 1" X 24" Nylon Brush
- #21151 - (1) Probe Wire Brush
- #211.00 - (1) Gas Vapor Probe Dedicated Tip & Fluoropolymer Umbrella
- #212.05 - (1) Gas Vapor Probe Screen #50 Mesh
- #421.10 - (2) 12" Crescent Wrench
- #58062 - (1) 1-1/4" X 14" Stainless Steel Piezometer w/ Coupler
- #58063 - (4) 1-1/4" X 3' Stainless Steel Piezometer Extension w/ Coupler
- #58068 - (1) Piezometer Tee Jack Adapter
- #58069 - (1) Piezometer Point Holder
- #5004.45 - (1) Twist-to-Lock Connector, 3/16" ID
- #5004.56 (5) 1-1/4" Expendable Tip
- #5004.58 (5) #50 Stainless Steel Mesh Screen
- #58067 - (1) Piezometer Threadless Drive Adapter
- #58070 - (1) Piezometer Slotted Pull Adapter
- #400.93 - (1) Heavy Duty Slide Hammer, 3/4" Thread
- #18253 - (1) Big Foot Removal Jack
- #430.01 - (2) 4' Deluxe Carrying Case 1750 Black
- #2100.79 - (1) Peristaltic Pump GEOPUMP2 AC/DC + Carrying Case + Battery
- #5052.40 - (1) 12 Volt Vacuum Pump
- #406.80 - (1) 18" Ratcheting Cross Handle, 5/8" Thread
- #58064 - (1) Male-to-Male Stainless Steel Piezometer Coupler