Easy to use with easy-to-read results!
Regular Vane (0 to 1 kg/cm²): Use for saturated cohesive soils with undrained strength, independent of normal pressure.
Large Vane (0.2 kg/cm²): Use with remolded samples.
Small Vane (2.5 kg/cm²): Use for stiffer clays.
- Three Vanes
- Allen Wrench
- Carrying Belt Pouch
- All Metal Construction
- Quick and efficient method for determining shear strength values of cohesive soils.
- Metal Vanes are designed to last Long
- TORVANE permits the rapid determination of a large number of strength values with different orientation of failure planes
- Calibrated dial converts torque directly into shear stress in kg/cm². The maximum reading obtained on the dial is the shear strength.
- The TORVANE allows shear strength to be measured in the sides of test pits, trenches, or excavations. It may also be used on the ends of thin wall or split spoon samples and soil chunks removed from test pits