Designed for soil sampling professionals who want the strongest, most durable connections!
The Professional Series Extensions, 3/4" Thread, are constructed of larger 1" diameter chrome molybdenum tubing and are powder-coated safety orange for added rust resistance. The redesigned 10 lb. Pro Series Slide Hammer is equipped with a more robust 3/4" (inner diameter) slide bar that makes it more reliable and prevents bending of the bar. The Stainless Steel Multi-Stage Flap Valve Cap includes a thicker (.800") collar and was designed to match up with the larger 3/4" threaded female connection of the Pro Series Slide Hammer to provide increased durability.
The Multi-Stage Sludge & Sediment Sampling Kit provides all of the components needed to collect sludge and sediment samples up to 4' in length. The 12" Soil Core Sampler Base and three (3) Sampler Extension Sections allow you to assemble a sampler that is 12”, 24", 36", or 48" in length. It also comes with three (3) 4' Stainless Steel Extensions that allow you to deploy the sampler through 12' of water before reaching the sediment.
This sampler uses a disposable Plastic Core Catcher and a special Stainless Steel Multi-Stage Flap Valve Cap to improve recovery of saturated materials.
During deployment of the sampler, the Check Valve Flap on the top cap opens to allow excess air and water to escape through the four holes that are machined through the top cap. Air and water are able to easily pass through the sampler. When the sampler reaches the sediment, the saturated materials are able to push through the Plastic Core Catcher and into the Plastic Liner inside of the sampler body as the sampler is driven downward. The venting action of the Stainless Steel Multi-Stage Flap Valve Cap prevents pressure buildup and allows the sample to enter the liner.
During retrieval of the filled sampler, the Plastic Core Catcher will be pressed closed by the weight of the sediment. This helps prevent the material from escaping through the bottom of the sampler. At the same time, the Check Valve Flap will cover the holes through the top cap – which creates suction inside the sampler. This suction also helps to retain the collected sample in the sampler body.
Please make sure any accessories you intend to use with your AMS Sampling Kits use the same connection type that are used in the kit.
Kit weighs 71lbs!
- #61870 - (1) 3" Stainless Steel Multi-Stage Flap Valve Cap, 3/4" Thread
- #61869 - (1) 3" X 12" Multi-Stage Soil Core Sampler Base
- #61991 - (1) 3" X 12" Multi-Stage Soil Core Sampler Extension Section
- #61868 - (1) 3" Multi-Stage Sludge Core Tip
- #61872 - (1) 3" Multi-Stage Valved Soil Core Sampler Tip
- #402.32 - (3) 4' Pro Series Extension, 3/4" Thread
- #402.31 - (1) 18" Pro Series Rubber Coated Cross Handle, 3/4" Thread
- #57780 - (1) Pro Series Slide Hammer, 3/4" Thread
- #421.10 - (2) 12" Crescent Wrench
- #421.29 - (1) Universal Slip Wrench
- #430.09 - (1) 3" X 12" Nylon Brush
- #422.02 - (1) 3" X 12" Plastic Liner
- #418.09 - (2) 3" Plastic End Cap
- #61885 - (1) 3" Plastic Core Catcher
- #430.01 - (1) 4' AMS Deluxe Carrying Case 1750 Black
- #61871 - (1) 3" Multi-Stage Soil Core Sampler Cap, 3/4" Thread
- #61881 - (1) 3" Serrated Multi-Stage Soil Core Catcher Tip
- #61880 - (1) 3" Multi-Stage Valved Soil Core Sampler Auger Tip
- #422.10 - (1) 3" X 24" Plastic Liner
See Connection Types for more information.